Getting Started - Helicopter Flight Instruction
How to Get Started
To be eligible to fly at Alyeska Helicopters, students must be:
- English Proficiency. Able to read, speak, write and understand the English language
- Under helicopter seat weight limit restrictions
- Able to manipulate all of the flight controls
- A United States Citizen
For International Students to be eligible to fly at Alyeska Helicopters, they must meet all above requirements as well as:
- Must already be in the country under a visa or be a permanent resident
- Able to be AFSP (Alien Flight Student Program) approved
For those seeking Veterans Affairs (VA) assistance, students also must meet the requirements above, as well as:
- Enroll in VONAPP and fill out a form 22-1990. VONAPP (Veterans Online Application) website is an official U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website that enables service members, veterans and their beneficiaries, and other designated individuals to apply for benefits using the Internet.
- Once approved, which may take up to 30 days, students may begin flight training.