Our training aircraft is comprised of three Robinson R-22 helicopters and one Robinson R-44. Robinson Helicopter Company of Torrance, California is currently the world’s leading manufacturer of civilian helicopters. Robinson is known worldwide for producing high-performance and reliable aircraft.
This is a two-seat, light utility helicopter. Its quick maneuverability makes it one of the more fun helicopters to fly. The R-22 also holds every world record in its weight class for speed, altitude and distance. The light weight of the aircraft allows it to be extremely responsive to flight control inputs. They are very dependable high performance helicopters and the primary aircraft we use for flight instruction.
- Specifications R-22 BETA II
- Engine Type Lycoming O-360, four-cylinder, carbureted
- Horsepower Derated to 131 hp for takeoff and 124 for continuous
- Max Gross Weight 1370 lb (622 kg)
- Approx Empty Weight 880 lb (399 kg)
- Cruise Speed up to 96 kts (110 mph)
- Seat Weight Limit 240 lb (108 kg). For training in an R22, the max weight limit is lower than this, based on total aircraft weight and balance.
- Max Range (no reserve) approx 228 nm (262 sm)
- Fuel Capacity 26.3 gal
This four-seat, lightweight helicopter has hydraulically assisted flight controls that provide responsive handling and quick reaction times. The single piston engine in the R-44 enables it to function for many applications in both private and commercial use. These helicopters are long-range and have superior performance in high altitude conditions, which make them perfect for flying in Alaska.
- Specifications R-44 RAVEN I
- Engine Type Lycoming O-540, six-cylinder, carbureted
- Horsepower Derated to 225 hp for takeoff and 205 for continuous
- Max Gross Weight 2400 lb (1089 kg)
- Approx Empty Weight 1437 lb (652 kg)
- Cruise Speed up to113 kts (130 mph)
- Seat Weight Limit 300 lb (136 kg). For training in an R44, the max weight limit is lower than this, based on total aircraft weight and balance.
- Max Range (no reserve) approx 300 nm (350 sm)
- Fuel Capacity 46.5 gal